Non-Insured Health Benefits
Piikani Medical Transportation will ensure maintenance delivery, and enhancement of quality health care service for the Piikani Nation.
Medical Transportation Purpose
The purpose of medical transportation is to assist The Piikani Nation Membership to attend scheduled appointments that are not available in the home community. We are a non-medical emergency transportation service.
- Verify Appointment
- 24hr. Notice of cancelling or rescheduling appointments
- Be ready for pick-up. There may be others waiting for pick-up
- Assist Driver in keeping vehicles clean, as others are utilizing these vehicles
- Add-ons will be considered, pending on schedule and client’s condition
- No Smoking in Vehicles
- No Shopping, vehicles are strictly for medical transportation
- MT drivers will not tolerate verbal abuse
- MT will not transport anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- One escort per client
Reimbursement of Travel Expenses/ Confirmation of Attendance Medical Transportation Provides
- 2 Handi-Vans with Wheel Chair Accessibility
- 5 Passenger Vehicles
- 1 Pickup Truck.